"The rebels are out there thicker than fleas on a dog's back!!"-

Monday, May 12, 2008

And the home of the free....PLAY BALL!


There he is folks. The rookie has been called up from the diaper league. For the past four years he has been groomed as a devastating secret weapon, both in the field and at the plate.
No father ever felt as much pride and excitement as I did this afternoon when Daegan took the field for his first T-ball practice. His own excitement kept me riveted to him. He was dancing around and anxious and didn't have a clue as to what to do.
I was proud of the way he went after the ball. I saw one of the greatest sights anyone could behold, the joy on his face when he clobbered the ball.
I look forward to watching him in the coming years develope the skills and aquiring the patience, fortitude, and finesce that comes from dedication to one's self and his team-mates. The All-American sport of baseball will benifit greatly from the aquisition of one of the soon to be all time greats...Daegan Wiiliam Dale Hood.
So grab a dog,coke, and a bag of popcorn and head out to the park and see this phenominon. Don't be ashamed to ask for an autograph. It will be worth a lot in the future. I've got mine.
So here's to you my hero of the hardwood, you've already knocked one out of the park with me!!!! I love you, son. I am very proud of you. Play hard, but most of all have FUN! Daddy (:

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'll be there with bells on! I can't wait to see Daegan have his first season of ball! It will be a memorable season. Kick Butt Daeg!